3rd Feb 2020
Bedford Radio is coming, things are taking a little longer than we had hoped but we progressing.
However, we need help to make the station the fantastic reality we are hoping for. We’re looking for additional volunteers to join our operating committee that we are setting up to help run Bedford Radio.
Anita and Martin have the vision, experience and drive for the station, but we need additional people who want to share our vision to work with us and us to support each other to achieve the station.
We’re keen to hear from anyone who would like a senior volunteer role in the station to lead on any of the following areas:
- Programming (helping co-ordinate our shows and schedule)
- Volunteering (Co-ordinate the recruitment, training, & support of our volunteers)
- Music (Managing our music database and playlists)
- Events (Co-ordinate our attendance at events across the town)
- Journalism (Co-ordinate our news and journalism activity)
- Community Engagement (Co-ordinate our engagement with local community groups)
- Sports (Co-ordinate our engagement and coverage of local sports teams)
- Finance (generate invoices, and deal with expenses & accounts)
- Marketing & Communications (Co-ordinate our Social Media, Mailing Lists and Marketing Campaigns)
- Website (Co-ordinate the development and running of our website)
Initially, we’re expecting the committee to meet a couple of times a month prior to us fully launching, this should only be a couple of hours per meeting.
Once the committee is established, those senior volunteers might form teams to support the work, so there may be additional volunteering opportunities as well. This is in addition to those people who wish to become a presenter, producer or community journalist.
Anyone interested in this senior role please do email your details and interest to email@example.com and feel free to speak to Anita or Martin to discuss these opportunities.
Taking on a role with this committee is a great way to support the station and help make it happen, as well as gain additional skills and experience that can help you in many different ways.
Once the station is operational, we will be asking all our volunteers and those wishing to support the work of the station to make a regular donation to cover core running costs.